According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

REM Plays Rockefeller Plaza

I am beyond angry right now! For a week now, The Today Show hosts have been promoting the performance of REM, live "in the studio" today. "In the studio?", I thought. "I'm not going to go down there to watch through the glass window with everyone else, but if they were playing OUTSIDE, well OF COURSE I'd go! I do, afterall, only work a couple of blocks from Rockefeller Plaza."

So this morning, as Iwas making my oatmeal, I put on The Today Show, as I always do, so I could at least hear the performance. To my shock and wild dismay, REM was performing OUTSIDE on the Plaza. I could have left for work early and seen a live performance from one of my favorite bands- a band that is said to have created "indie rock" in the 90s, and still been at my desk on time.

Watch video of REM promoting their latest Studio Album, Accelerate, live ON THE PLAZA, this morning. It is sooo ON, Matt Lauer...or should I say Matt LIAR?!:


Labels: , , ,