According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Monday, March 24, 2008

The Cure on Tour

I am obviously very vocal about my affinity for Pearl Jam, and the emotions that Pearl Jam music evokes from me. What I am not always so vocal about is my love for the music of The Cure. Like Pearl Jam, the music of The Cure arouses deeply emotional, and very nostalgic memories for me. At one point in college, the only CD that would play in my stereo was Wish, and for that reason, the album got heavy rotation in my apartment.

Now, of course, I can listen to any song I like on my ipod, just by pushing a button. But you know something, If I could go back to that wrinkle in time, when magically there was 1 only CD that the cosmos would allow me to listen to- the same 12 songs echoing through my tiny bedroom over and over all night long, representing a swollen heart and clouded mind, I would. If only for a night, or even an hour. I would not think twice.

I could probably write a book (or at least a very full, and expository chapter) about what goes through my head and heart when I hear The Cure, and since I've never seen them live, it would be a dream come true to see them at Radio City on June 21 when they are in town. They're also playing MSG June 20. I'm working on getting tickets to Radio City (both NY dates are sold out), despite the fact that The Cure shows fall smack dab in the middle of my Pearl Jam tour hop from Nashville, to Camden, then DC and back to NY in 2 insane weeks in June!

"A Letter to Elise", the third single off Wish, is one of those songs that gives me a lump in my throat within the first 10 notes. The angst and pure and honest longing that come from Robert Smith's vocals are enough to make you forget that that dude wears lipstick!

I know i'll never really get inside of you
to make your eyes catch fire
the way they should
the way the blue could pull me in
if they only would
if they only would

Labels: , , , , ,