According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I heart Crunch Gym!








Last night, upon entering my Park Slope Crunch Gym, I was excited to be greeted with a live DJ spinning house music mixed with club thumpers from Rhianna, Kanye, and Snoop! Dude. It was unbelievable! I snagged a treadmill 3 feet in front of the DJ booth, set my ipod on the ground, and ran my ass off! I didn't want to leave. It was the most fun I've ever had at the gym. The dude on the eliptical next to me clapped to the beat, while the girls in front of me on the stair climbers wiggled their butts to the same rhythm. It was like being at a club, but with all the lights on, with water instead of alcohol, and with everyone wearing the appropriate clothing to be sweating so damn much! AAhhhh, I love Crunch! Have you ever heard of such a thing??

I don't know what's happened to me in the past couple of years but all of a sudden my favorite place to be on any given week night is....(brace yourself)....the GYM! I am hands-down, unabashedly, obsessed with going to my GYM, which, as of last night has given me even further reason to love every minute I spend there!

Sure, I am more comfortable when I have a routine and maintain a busy schedule. I'll credit that trait as being at least part of why I love going to the gym every night, and I'll even throw in the obvious reasons such as 1.) I just feel better, 2.) I look better, 3.) I enjoy being healthy. I also like the sense of community that comes from knowing that all the patrons (who are friendly and respectable) are my neighbors. Cheesy? Probably. Maybe its just that I live in such an amazing neighborhood?

Anyway, I don't think I'll ever leave Brooklyn! :)

See you at Crunch tonight!

Labels: ,