According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy Fricken New Year

Well, thats it for 2006- the year in which I went a little crazy. I ditched my old reserved worry wort attitued, threw caution to the wind and let my hair down! I must say that 2006 was one of my best years so far from ringing in the New Year in Minneapolis with Alethea, to spring break in Fort Meyers, Los Angeles, and San Diego with Meredith, THEN making it into Irving Plaza in NYC to see Pearl Jam's secret exclusive pre-tour show and kick off an 8 concert series where I would travel to New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and eventually Seattle and the Gorge to see my favorite band promote their best album in 10 years! I played hard this year, and I want to thank everyone who helped me!
Now for 2007, the year I make stuff happen. This is my year to begin to materialize all these dreams I've been accumulating over the years. I now have the means to deliver, and I deserve it. Watch out, I have a plan this year, and the sky is the limit! I wish you all a very safe, happy, healthy and prosperous 2007!!

And now for some reviews:


Saturday night I saw Spoon at Webster Hall. Webster is a great venue, but for some reason Spoon didn't exactly dazzle me. Don't get me wrong, I rocked out, and enjoyed myself, as I would at practically any show, but the performance was a bit flat, and didn't exactly blow my skirt up. Keep tryin, Spoon, I think you're probably best suited for a summery outdoor concert. Small club shows don't really do you justice.
Last night, I was FINALLY able to see Mates of State at The Knitting Factory! This husband and wife duo of Kori Gardner and Jason Hammel definately came through for me and was everything I expected and more. To simply listen to their recorded music, you could easily think that Mates was comprised of a 4 or 5 piece ensemble. However, these two are able to multi-task, harmonizing lyrics while simultaneously playing organs and drums. The music is so fun and light -hearted, that even boring wall flowers in the house, dragged to the show by their cooler friends with excellent taste in music, were bobbing their heads and getting into the show. Mates of State played 2 shows at Knitting Factory on New Year's Eve, the earlier being a benefit for the Kalianne Fox, a little girl who suffered from infantile MLD.
Enjoy your first week of the new year!
~Talia~