According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Cheers, Talia


And what does that even mean anyway? Are these people, usually Professors or TAs, simply exclaiming the name of their favorite television show for your edification before signing the email? If so, should I begin signing "My Skin Could Kill Me, Talia". Thats one of my favorite shows on Discovery Health Channel.

This is now day 3 of an ongoing debate between my cousin and I. You see, he is going to be a TA at Michigan State next semester, and we're trying to decide whether he should, in attempt to break this awful "Cheers" habit among those in his position, come up with his own, intriguing, and equally ridiculous signature line to cause his students much confusion and, with luck, fear. We have, in between uncontrollable giggles, come up with a long list of options for him to very seriously sign emails next semester. Here are some of our favorites so far:

Knick nack paddy wack, give a dog a bone, Nick

Jimmy cracked corn, and I don't care, Nick

Backstreet's back alright!, Nick

Whoever smelt it dealt it, Nick

Ain't no lie, baby bye bye bye, Nick

Sham a lam a ding dong, Nick

MMMMmmm Bop, Nick

E-I-E-I-O, Nick

Bo don't know diddly, Nick

Your mother wears combat boots, Nick

I ain't to proud to beg, Nick

The dish ran away with the spoon, Nick

Kilroy was here, Nick

Fee Fi Fo Fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman, Nick

New Jersey is for lovers, Nick

Lather, rinse, repeat, Nick

Do not take on an empty stomach, Nick

Ribbed for her pleasure, Nick

You can dance if you want to, Nick

Grandma got run over by a reigndeer, Nick

Hidey Ho neighbor, Nick

NORM!, Nick

I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house down, Nick

Take a chill pill, Nick

Walk like an Egyptian, Nick

Clearly, the possibilities are limitless. Feel free to submit some of your own, for my amusement.

Shake what your momma gave ya, Talia