According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

ON TOUR

ATTENTION READERS: TALIA IS CURRENTLY ON TOUR








Its just henna, and sadly, almost all faded off by now :(












Please leave a message :) I'll check in periodically with news and pearls of wisdom, but I'm wicked busy, so hold your horsies.

June 10: Adele at Highline Ballroom (NYC): Adele covered Bob Dylan's To Make You Feel My Love and Etta James' Fool That I am (vid below). My girl-crush was not only beautiful in person, but performed with the polish of a seasoned professional! Her vocal quality is pure and refined, and such that it makes the hair on my arms stand on end! Fantastic show!

June 12-15: Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival (Manchester, TN) WHOA! I just flew back today and don't even have pictures uploaded yet, but I'll share a few that I took on my phone. Bonnaroo was hot hot hot till the sun went down each day, but much more pleasant than I had envisioned! There WERE showers near our campsite which were not filthy, and very refreshing. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, was super friendly and helpful- esp the plain clothes Wal-Mart employees ;) Canadians, it turns out, can be very attractive and zen-like. The food was actually pretty tasty, and the dirt not unbearably dirty. I'm so stinkin tired I can't see straight so I can't provide much detail at the moment, but I'll spit out a few highlights: MGMT was so SO much fun and reminded me of Muse at Lolla last year. Raconteurs blew my mind (Jack White is HOTT on stage!), My Morning Jacket employed mother nature in their crew, somehow pulling off the miraculous feat of orchestrating the rain to fall perfectly in synch with the tempo of their music- really, it was breath-taking and not the least bit water logged. Jack Johnson was sorta boring in a predictable yet not unpleasant way, until Eddie came onstage to join him. Pearl Jam rocked our faces off, playing a jaw-dropping set that is atypical of a festival show (WMA, Who You Are, and All Along the Watch Tower!!!), Adele delivered a beautiful show yet again. Lupe Fiasco brought an energy that made me forget that I had just been jumping and writhing to PJ for 4-hours straight. Kanye broke hearts- nuff said. Our flight out of Nashville last night was cancelled so I had the pleasure of hitting the town, particularly the Buck Wild Saloon which has $3 beers, loads of country music karaoke, and a man that will light your cigarette with his flaming balls (fer serious). So much more to say, so little brain activity going on at the moment....I'll get back to you when I re-fuel...

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Next Up:
June 19: Pearl Jam in Camden, NJ (Philly)
June 20: Pearl Jam in Camden, NJ (Philly)
June 21: The Cure at Radio City (NYC)
June 22: Pearl Jam in DC
June 24: Pearl Jam at Madison Square Garden (NYC)
June 25: Pearl Jam at Madison Square Garden (NYC)
June 27: Pearl Jam at Dodge Music Center, (Hartford CT)
June 28: Pearl Jam in Mansfield, MA (Boston)

Labels: , , , , ,