According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Friday, May 30, 2008

Save Philly's 10Club at 10!!

This is a re-post from friend of mine. He knows and listens to Matt Cord on Philly's WMMR, and shared this news with me, and other Pearl Jam fans on the message board last night. I sent an email to the program manager. Do so if you share our concern.

As many of you know there is a DJ in Philly named Matt Cord he is a die hard Pearl Jam fan. Matt has been bringing us the 10 club at 10 pm EST Monday- Friday for at least three years on WMMR radio in Philly. For those of you who are not familiar with what it is, its a 3-4 song block of Pearl Jam. Matt plays a little bit of everything be it a hit, a live track, and many rarities. So I called Matt tonight to request out of my mind for the 10 club. He told me some really bad news the program director has decided that its time to put an end to the 10 club at 10 pm EST at www.wmmr.com. This is really upsetting to me I know that many of you on this board listen or have listened for some time to Matt spinning Pearl Jam on the 10 club. I actually found out about his show from this board and have made many friends on here because of Matt's show. Now here's where you can help. Please drop the program director an email to let him know how much we enjoy Matt and WMMR bringing us the 10 club on a nightly basis. I am hoping if enough of us email him we can stop this from happening. Here is his email address ProgramDirector@WMMR.com. His name is Mr. Bill Weston. Let's get behind this guys!!! Matt is a die hard like we are and a good friend to the Pearl Jam Community!

The email address again is ProgramDirector@WMMR.com. His name is Mr. Bill Weston.

Also if you would like to post some stories you have about Matt and the Ten club on WMMR please feel free.

Thanks in advance
Nixon in Detroit


This is the email I sent to the Program Director:
Dear Mr. Weston,
I have received news that your station will be canceling Matt Cord's daily Pearl Jam block, known as the 10Club at 10. I ask that you please reconsider this programming decision, as it has upset more than your local listeners, but Pearl Jam fans across the country, and no doubt the world- wherever the gracious reach of the Internet extends. I myself, avail myself in New York City of the nightly Pearl Jam block via WMMR.com.

You see, Mr. Weston, among war, poverty, famine and natural disaster, there are still a few things that people take solace and great pleasure in, and one of those things happens to be music. For many, this simple block of music provides a positive end to a hectic day, a much needed release from the stress of family and work, and whatever else pains us. Sure, most of your listeners could easily play the same songs from their personal collections at home, but sharing the experience across the airwaves each night is comforting and provides a sense of camaraderie for us that is unfortunately lacking in so many aspects of every day life.

Yes, the position that I intend to impress upon you comes with some bias because I am a devout Pearl Jam fan myself. I ask that you simply consider how it was that I received news of this unfortunate cancellation. I received a phone call in New York, about your Philadelphia area radio station, from a good friend in Detroit. In the time it takes you to click "open" on this email 3 states of Pearl Jam fans have united in this cause. If you take a look at the official Pearl Jam message board, you'll see aggrieved responses from representatives in several additional states, expressing dissatisfaction and disappointment at your decision.

What may have seemed like a simple restructuring of your programming has caused a far greater stir than, I assume, you would have predicted. Please do not cancel the 10club at 10, and break one of the few remaining ties that still bind people across the country. I doubt that was ever your intention.

Respectfully,
Talia Page

Labels: , , , ,