According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Friday, May 16, 2008

New Kids rock the plaza!


So I got up this morning at 4:45AM, and trekked through the chilly May rain to Rockefeller Plaza to join the throngs of screaming women eagerly awaiting a reunion concert by The New Kids on the Block! I arrived just after 6:00AM (I had to stop at the store to buy materials to make a "Happy Birthday Jordan" sign because his 38th is tomorrow), and found that the only people allowed into the blocked off area were those who had arrived on the scene 24-48 hours in advance! People had set up tents, and were actually camping out for days to see this show- their first live performance together in 15 years! So, I strolled into Dean & Deluca, grabbed a coffee and muffin, and watched the sound check through the window. About an hour later, I ventured outside and found my way behind the stage, perched myself on top of a barricade and watched the set (it would be an exaggeration to say that I "heard" the set), which included snippets from "Hangin Tough", "Please Don't Go Girl", and "Tonight".
I would normally provide a video here so that you could enjoy the performance as well, but I am currently crippled by an outdated version of Internet

*EDIT: WE NOW HAVE VIDEO!


I saw/ heard (sorta) enough to be super excited for the upcoming NKOTB tour, which finds the fellas, who are all still super hot by the way, playing the Izod Center in New Jersey both tomorrow and again on September 23. I'll be there for the fall show.
I'll also eventually post the pictures taken by one of the girls I was with this morning. She had an awesome camera, whereas mine reeks of suckitude.
The only downfall to getting up at 4:45 this morning to see NKOTB is that I am equal parts ravenous and exhausted. Yeah, it was worth it!
Happy Friday!

Labels: , ,