According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Monday, November 27, 2006

Hidden Treasures

Hello and welcome back everyone! I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving weekend, I know that I sure did!

Yesterday, after I got back to BK I went to Target (cuz I was wide awake already) and decided to browse aisle by aisle looking for ways to spend the $80 that I saved by using public transportation to and from the airport this past weekend. As usual, I happened upon the music department and was pleasantly surprised to find several of the bands I like on the "Under $10" rack in Target's CD section! I chose 2 of at least 5 cds that I wanted, and struck gold on one of them.
I picked up the latest album from Hello Goodbye, entitled, Zombies! Aliens! Vampires! Dinosaurs!, released on Drive-Thru Records. I was already familiar with "Here (in your arms)", which is track #2 on the album, but I quickly discovered that I liked the entire album, especially "Oh, it is love" (track #6), with ukulele accompaniment, and "Baby, it's fact" (track #7). The lyrics are sweet, and I mean that in an "awww" kind of way, as opposed to a skateboard trick kind of way! The music is poppy, upbeat, and slightly emo, and
has a kind of 80s sound with the use of synthesizer. Its the kind of music that makes you want to jump around and smile while listening.
As an added bonus, if you buy the album in stores, you get a sample cd from Drive-Thru Records with a few tracks from some of their other artists (I'm just listening to that now, so I can't yet tell ya if its any good or not).

Check out Hello Goodbye on their website or on Myspace




Listen to Here (in your arms)
Listen to Oh, it is love

I also picked up the latest album from Plain White T's, entitled, Every Second Counts, primarily because I like their song called "Hate (I really don't like you)". Unfortunately, pretty much every song on the album sounds the same, and "Hate" is the only track I actually like. Check them out on myspace and see for yourself.


Listen to Hate(I really don't like you)