According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Holla for Lolla 2006!!















Another amazing weekend with awesome music and even more great friends! This past weekend I had the pleasure of traveling to Chicago to attend Lollapalooza 2006. The schedule was jam packed with tons of bands that I really wanted to see, and I tried my hardest to squeeze them all in, but geography and beer made my printed and highlighted schedule impractical, though I gave it a valiant effort.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The first band that I thoroughly enjoyed was Editors on Friday. They certainly lived up to my expectations!

































On the setlist were Munich, Bullets, All Sparks, and Fingers in the Factories....such a good show! Also on Friday we caught Iron & Wine (Trapeze swinger dedicated to Justin D'Elia), Violent Femmes (still freaking badass after all these years & dedicated to my lovely Miss Alethea), Raconteurs (who covered Gnarls Barkley's Crazy) and Death Cab for Cutie (both only luke warm for me).
















After Iron and Wine, I was a little drunk and fell asleep for a while, MISSING Mates of State :( which was a total bummer.

On Saturday, I woke up early and left for the park all by my lonesome so I would catch Nada Surf. Though they played a good show, I was disappointed that they didn't play Do it Again, but DID play Popular. Rumor has it that there will be a top secret Nada Surf show in NYC next month. If I can, I'll go so I can finally hear Do it Again live...they wouldn't dare leave me hanging twice!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Also on the ticket for Saturday was Oh No! Oh My!, Coheed and Cambria, Wolfmother (awesome), Gnarls Barkley (Crazy was played at the end of course, making me completely miss Sonic Youth on the other end of the park), The Smoking Popes, Flaming Lips (Yoshimi was in full effect), and we closed the night out with a very pumped up performance by Kanye West who had to compete for the audience's cheers with a rake that someone had smuggled inside "Show the rake! Show the rake!"

Saturday night I met up with some Chicago Pearl Jam friends at Smoke Daddy's then headed to Big City Tap (aka Big Shitty Tap) to meet up with Trenton alumni. Good times and many drinks were had by all!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

By Sunday my body was hating me a little from all of the rockstar/ heat stricken behavior so Ben Kweller was a nice way to start the day but by the time Jared Leto got on stage with his band 30 Seconds to Mars, I was feeling just fine! I thoroughly enjoyed their performance which included Mr. Hottie Leto climbing to the very top of the stage amid cheers from the audience, and then tossing 2 boxes of popcicles into the outstretched hands of fans....if I had only been a few inches taller I would have gotten one, but the guy next to me caught them and gave them to his friends without sharing with me :(

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We continued the day by seeing The Shins and Wilco (aka elevator music) with an unfortunate case of bad sound, then Blues Travelor (who always deliver) and finally Red Hot Chili Peppers, who although they played a great rock-out show, did NOT play under the bridge. All in all, it was a fabulous display of music all weekend, and I couldn't have had a better time (unless Pearl Jam had been playing of course).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sarah and I enjoying Blues Travelor

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Me ending up Lollapalooza 2006 with a little guitar solo of my own! Thank you everyone who shared it with me....I expect more photos later, so if there are any good ones, you know you'll be seeing them!

HOLLA FOR LOLLA- 2006