According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

True Happiness.....

A story for the books and a prelude to what could quite possibly be the best concert of MY LIFE...

SO, it all started when I caught wind of a rumor that there would be a "secret" Pearl Jam show at a nightclub in NYC. Well, the TenClub e-mail only got sent to 100 people in NYC with the lowest member numbers, of which I was not included, but others I knew were...

So the only way for me to get tickets to this amazing show which was to be FREE, GENERAL ADMISSION, and in my backyard basically, was to get in line at Tower Records with the rest of the masses and try to be one of the first 450 lucky ones to get tickets from the label.

BUT, as you can imagine, for a new associate right out of law school, taking a Monday off work is virtually unheard of. Eventhough I work in a relatively relaxed and reasonable office with more flexibilty than most of my friends, it just wasn't happening.

So, I checked the message boards all day and fan blogs to see what the haps were down at Tower, meanwhile Im getting NOTHING done at work besides biting all my nails off and giving myself grey hair!

Finally, I tell my boss I have to leave at 3:30 and I bust out! I arrived at Tower at 4:00 and there was a line wrapped around all 4 blocks of the building Tower is in. They had stopped giving red wrist bands out after 300 people and had given approx 100 blue wrist bands which were unnumbered. The count was 400 at this point, and being only 8 people behind the wristbands I thought I was good to go.

A few hours later, security and Tower people come out and tell us that wrist bands = tickets and noone gets inside the building after midnight without a wristband! I didnt care, I was in it for the long hall. (By the way, I had come down by myself, and had by now made all new PJ friends).

So, I stuck it out, and when midnight arrived, it took forever to get people in and out and eventually they started counting off people without wrist bands one at a time, letting them in for tickets. Probably the longest 40 minutes of my life....I was #408 for tickets, and I GOT ONE! They ended up giving out almost exactly 450 tickets total....If I had waited 10 minutes longer to leave work, or had missed the first train, I would not be a happy camper today!

Irving Plaza is about as big as some basements that I have attended parties in at Michigan State! This will probably be the closest I will ever come to Eddie Vedder, and Im freaking out. Plus, Im a crowd weasel, and I have a way of scooting my way to the front of any crowd.

I'll be sure to let everyone know how glorious Friday is, if I make it out without my head exploding! I can't remember the last time I have been this excited about ANYTHING!


Ahhhhh, life is good today! :)