According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Pearl Jam at Irving Plaza

Last night I attended the secret Pearl Jam show at Irving Plaza in NYC, for which I stood in line for 9 hours to get tickets! I showed up in Union Square around 6:30, tossed back a couple of coronas with my new Pearl Jam friends in honor of Cinco de Mayo, then stood in line, yet again, but this time to see one of the best shows of my life!!

Irving Plaza is said to hold roughly 1200 people, as a generous estimate. The venue was not nearly packed to capacity last night (definately under 1000 people according to the InquisitiveOne ;) ....), as the entire upper balcony area was closed entirely for VIP, and was sparcely occupied by the likes of Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, and Victoria's Secret Model, Gisele Bundchen.

I started out about 10 feet from the stage, but as it always goes, I rode the wave of people closer and closer with each song.....

















This is us before the show started....my hair was dry and my glasses were on...

Brace yourself, these pictures which I took, give a pretty accurate glimpse at how amazingly close I was to the man I admire and love the most: Eddie Vedder!!!

































Eddie pouring wine into a coffee mug.....


































































This is what I looked like after Pearl Jam rocked my world! The amazing set list included many songs from the new album: Come Back, Worldwide Suicide, Gone, Comatose, plus old favorites like Alive, Elderly Woman, Yellow Ledbetter, Present Tense, Evolution, and Insignificance.

For a complete set list, check out gremmie blog

Thank you to ALL of my amazing new friends who shared this awesome awesome week with me! Please send me your pictures!!

<3 TALIA