According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Nada Surf at Bowery

Saturday night, after making an appearance at a holiday sweater party in the apartment above mine, I stomped out in the glittery snow and headed to Bowery Ballroom to see Nada Surf, a band that has come to represent #6 on my personal top ten favorite bands list. The show was not as long as the last one I attended in Williamsburg, but bassist Daniel Lorca gave his usual mind boggling performance of chain smoking while playing flawless bass and singing backup vocals! Lead singer, Matthew Caws sweated clear through his shirt by the second song, and proved to us all that the band was indeed glad to be back home in NY to end their tour.

I didn't keep track of the setlist, nor was I able to find one online but I do recall the following songs being played (in no particular order):

Always Love, Blonde on Blonde, Do it Again, Your Legs Grow, See These Bones, Whose Authority, Beautiful Beat, I like What You Say, Ice on the Wing, Inside of Love, Fruit Fly, Neither Heaven Nor Space, Blankest Year


Labels: ,