According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Friday, March 14, 2008

Woman Sits on Toilet for 2 years!

Sorry guy, I've been occupied for the past 48 hours. Something about old ladies laying on the floor, and mandatory CLE credits....ask me over drinks sometime...

Anyway, until I get all caught up, and posting again, chew on this: Its a story about one of my favorite topics of conversation, and a word that, when inserted into pretty much any sentence, will transform that sentence into something silly!

(This is the actual headline)
Woman Sits on Boyfriend's Toilet for 2 Years!
Read Story Here on MSNBC
“She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body,” Whipple said. “It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself.”

He told investigators he brought his girlfriend food and water, and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom.

“And her reply would be, ‘Maybe tomorrow,”’ Whipple said. “According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom.”

Apparently this woman chose to sit on the toilet in her boyfriend's trailer for 2 years! I don't know about you, but I've got loads of questions, namely...
1.) Where did her boyfriend go to the bathroom? Granted, he could pee outside or in the bathtub but, um....
2.) Why did he allow this to happen? Can you imagine the conversation between the two of them?
"Honey I'm gonna sit for a spell."
"Ok, dear."
(hours pass)
"Honey, I'm getting hungry, can you bring me my dinner? In fact, I'm thinking of sitting longer than I originally planned, can you just bring everything I'm going to need for the next 2 years in here, as I need it?"
"That sounds perfectly reasonable. I do not object."

For TWO YEARS?! When the guy finally decided to call for help in getting her off the crapper, her butt had grown attached to the toilet seat! Not just figuratively but quite literally! I know I should not laugh, and it is important to acknowledge that this woman had some serious issues, but come on! MSNBC has done a story about her butt! If you don't laugh, you have allowed yourself to get too old!

Labels: , ,