According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A Chuck Klosterman Conversation


*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
"Don't you like Chuck Klosterman.....like alot?", my friend asked me a few weeks ago. "I do!", I replied. Afterall, I have made no mystery of my affinity for his writing. Mostly, he entertains and frustrates me in equal amounts. Entertains me because he writes the way I think, and frustrates me because I'm too lazy/ unmotivated to do the job myself.
My friend proceeded to drunkenly try to fix me up with the author at Hanger Bar a few nights later(eventhough CK was not actually there), by telling his Spin buddies (who were there) that I liked him liked him....like more than a friend! MORTIFYING!

Anywhoo, luckily everyone was drunk that night, and hopefully the memory of said half-assed match making evaporated with the alcohol in the blood stream, leaving Mr. Klosterman in the dark about my purported crush. PHEW! If not, tomorrow night could be awkward! I will be attending A Chuck Klosterman Conversation at Highline Ballroom tomorrow night, and will hopefully be not only amused but also inspired by the fella that wrote one of my favorite books: Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs! I also recently finished Killing Yourself to Live, which played out more like a schitzophrenic mash-up of personal love woes and dead rock stars than a journalistic piece, but was, nonetheless entertaining.

If I simply sat down and typed out all the brilliant ideas and stories that cluttered my brain on a constant basis, I, too, could be a famous author. Then again, the self-absorbed, human pop-up video writing position seems to be filled already. Nuts.

Labels: , , ,