According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Kurt would be so proud!


Two weekends ago, I stayed in on Friday night and watched the DVD of Nirvana's MTV Unplugged session from 1993. Like a true 90s grunge devotee, not only do I still remember exactly where I was and what I was doing on April 8, 1994 when I first heard the news of Kurt Cobain's death(I was 14 years old), but I still get goosebumps when I hear his voice or look into those tormented icey blue eyes.

For this reason, I'm sure, I get excited to hear about or see photos of Frances Bean Cobain, the 15 year old only daughter of Kurt and Courtney Love. Though Courtney also sports a spectacular set of icey blues, I like to think Frances got hers from her Daddy!

Harper's Bazaar has published a recent interview with Frances, in which the author describes this very trait and reveals her endearing personality:
"But it's Frances's eyes that have it: Huge pools of "like green, blue, yellow, purple, orange, gray," they are startlingly and immediately reminiscent of her late father, Kurt Cobain. They are inescapable. "I'm very lucky because my eyes work with almost any hair color," Frances notes breezily. "Thanks for the genetics, parents. Rock on!"

Frances also seems remarkably insightful and humble for such a young girl, who was born rock and roll royalty:

"These people are fascinated by me, but I haven't done anything," Frances says. "I'm famous by default. I came out of the womb and people wanted to know who I was because of my parents. If you're a big Nirvana fan, a big Hole fan, then I understand why you would want to get to know me, but I'm not my parents. People need to wait until I've done something valid with my life."

Click here for more photos of Frances Bean




Labels: , , ,