According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Monday, February 11, 2008

2008 Grammy Award Winners


Last night's Grammy Awards Ceremony is among the many shows piling up on my DVR for me to watch when I miraculously get some free time at some point, but thankfully for the interweb, I was able to get a list of winners on Grammy.com this morning.
Looks like Amy Winehouse cleaned up, taking home the awards for Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Best New Artist, Best Female Vocal Performance, and Best Pop Vocal Album, but lost to Herbie Hancock on Album of the Year. That's kinda weird, no?

Eddie Vedder did not win for "Guaranteed"-AGAIN, but rather the award for Best Song Written For Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media went to "Love You I Do", from Dreamgirls. Wasn't that a 2006 craze? Why are they still getting awards for it? Giver 'er a rest and give the award to the genius who's photo I keep in my wallet, eh?

Also worth noting, Flight of the Conchords took home the award for Best Comedy Album, for "The Distant Future". That's hot!
Update: I've added video of Amy Winehouse's performace on the Grammy's last night via satellite from London (her visa was denied). I'm really impressed! There is a confidence and engergy in this performance that has been absent for months. Looks like she might actually be on the mend!

Labels: , , , ,