According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Monday, November 19, 2007

Stevie Wonder and FRIENDS at MSG!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Saturday I was lucky enough to attend the Stevie Wonder concert at Madison Square Garden. Going into the show, I assumed I was going to get a quality performance from one of Motown's most legendary performers. I also had a hunch that, although there was no opening act, and no guest performers had been previously announced, we would probably be treated to a few surprise guests.

Well, I was right on both accounts! Stevie had the whole place singing to "Ribbon in the Sky", separating the audience into male and female parts which sounded amazing all together! Other highlights included my personal favorite, "Lately", "My Cherie Amour," "Sir Duke," and "You Are the Sunshine of My Life".

Halfway through the set, Stevie stood up to introduce Tony Bennett for a duet on "For Once in My Life", which the two performed on Bennett's 2006 Duets album.

But wait, that's not it! To our complete astonishment, Prince sauntered out to play guitar on "Superstition"!

Seeing Tony Bennett, Stevie Wonder, and Prince all on the same stage in the same night was incredible, and a night I will never forget!

Labels: , , ,