According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Friday, November 02, 2007

I don't get it


I flew into Detroit to visit with my family and to tailgate for the University of Michigan vs. Michigan State football game. Its always a good time, and all my former roommates will be there, plus my cousins and lots of friends. Obviously, I am coming for the party. I will not be attending the game. But everyone is getting their panties in a bunch, whipping out the insults against people who are cheering for the opposite team.

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn! Some of my favorite people went to UofM, and more importantly, I DID NOT PLAY FOOTBALL.....NEITHER DID YOU!! What's the big deal? Why do they take it so personally? Its baloney time if you ask me. What football game? I'm here for the beer!

Anyway, I guess what I am supposed to do, since I DID attend Michigan State, is sing the fight song, and dress in green, so I will follow suit, but here's a little secret between you and me:

I don't give a shit WHO wins the game!

I'll sing tomorrow but I'm singing in celebration of where my pride SHOULD come from. NOT the football team, but the MSU College of Social Science, from which my degree was obtained, and which I can, in good conscious, take pride in.