According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Stating the Obvious

So, as I was walking down Flatbush Avenue this morning toward Pacific, I noticed red flashing lights on the sidewalk. Of course, I did not have my glasses on, so I needed to walk closer to see what was going on. Approaching the intersection it became clear that a car accident had just taken place, involving at least 3 vehicles which were now smashed up and partially up on the sidewalk, with a police car parked just a few feet away. It didn't appear that there were any serious injuries, as the drivers were all standing outside the cars talking on cell phones.
I needed to turn onto Pacific to continue my trek to the train, so I got pretty much right up in the accident scene and what I saw, made me laugh out loud, outing myself as a first-class asshole. One of the vehicles involved in the crash had a phrase printed on the back windshield, in cheesy old english lettering, typical of a car club or just a loser who likes his car too much. It read:

"We meet by accident."

No shit.

Sorry, my audible laughter was as far into asshole-dom as I was willing to go this morning. Taking a photo would have crossed the line, but would have been brilliant nonetheless!