According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Thursday, November 08, 2007

New Hoodie in the "Goods" Section!


Crap! If you know anything about me, you know how frugal I am. When I call Beth's phone the name "Frugal Fran" appears on her screen, and she's right! I am a Cheapie McCheaperson when it comes to most of the things that other people don't think twice about spending money on! I buy groceries two weeks at a time, and although I usually buy the same things every time, I am always mindful of what is on sale. A quick glance around my kitchen and bathroom will reveal a fondness for Target brand items such as tin foil, garbage bags, shampoo, and handsoap. I don't care for brand names when I can easily get the same thing more cheaply under a less fancy label.

As far as personal items are concerned, I very rarely buy myself clothing or shoes unless they are completely necessary. However, because I sweat alot, am accident prone, and have notoriously bad feet, I do have to buy new things from time to time. When necessity dictates, I will do so as cheaply as possible by hitting up my trusty neighborhood Target store, DSW (strictly the sale rack), or H&M.

Even concert tickets are difficult for me to justify, but I buy them more than any other non-necessity because music is something that makes me happy, and what is this life for afterall, but to enjoy while we've got it?!

Why am I ranting about frugality right now? Well, it has just come to my attention that there are new ladies hoodies added to the "goods" section of Pearljam.com. Though a devout fan I may be, I DO NOT buy merch! Seriously, I do not own a single Pearl Jam shirt that I did not make my self. I swear to God. I've never even bought a t-shirt at a PJ concert, though I've been to 14 shows in my lifetime. THAT is how cheap I am! (Ok, I'll admit I bought the psychotropic beach towel last spring BUT, it was less than $30 and I was having a weak moment).

Anyway, there's a new green Peal Jam ladies hoodie that is flippin awesome! I love hoodies and wear them more than any other clothing item during the chillier months, plus I have been meaning to get a green one because green is my second favorite color. (If I have to remind you what my #1 favorite color is, you should really question what you're doing here at all!)
So, I guess what I'm getting at is that, despite the fact that I live on a very tight budget, and also the fact that I recently made a very major purchase of a brand new couch, I am seriously considering buying this awesome, yet overpriced hoodie. (Did I mention that it was designed by Brad Klausen?) I think its about time I owned something from the "goods" section, don't you? I'd wear it all the time, honest I will!
While I crunch numbers, scrounge for spare change, and figure out else to justify this hoodie, I totally welcome anyone to buy this item for me for Christmas! ;)