According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Monday, February 26, 2007

Oh, it was a GOOD weekend!

Happy Monday! I can only hope you all had as good a weekend as I did! I was really freakin busy, as usual, but had an amazing time- I'll sleep when I'm dead! Here's the recap:







I saw the Lemonheads at Southpaw in Brooklyn on Friday. And by "Lemonheads" I am referring to Evan Dando (of course) touring with Vess Ruhtenberg on bass and LonPaul Ellrich on drums. Friday's show was a bit less energetic than the show they played at Irving Plaza back in December, but I still enjoyed it. It looked like Evan was a bit out of sorts or bored, but he got through it pretty successfully.

They played a mix of older and newer stuff, but there was no acoustic set, which was disappointing. Evan's hair inhumanly perfect! He must get it cut twice a month- I swear there were no split ends, it was shiny as can be, and so bouncy! Vess, was hot as usual! He's super sexy in a Benicio Del Toro dirty guy kind of way, and he also looks a bit like Liv Tyler...yeah, I said LIV. it's hard to explain...it might be his pretty lips...






Saturday was action packed- I did an NY Cares project in the afternoon, hit the gym, then headed to Knickerbocker for dinner (Be Nice to Jed Day) then Sing Sing for karaoke till the wee hours of the morn- I do a sick Heartbreaker by Pat Benatar!


Sunday- ANOTHER LEMONHEADS show at Maxwell's in Hoboken. As we were walking into the venue, Evan was walking out and he accidentally grazed my boob with his elbow! It was awesome (I am fully aware of my disgusting groupie status, but I'm comfortable with it, so just never you mind!) This time, Evan and the boys rocked the place out and had an amazing time up on stage, adding a crowd pleasing acoustic/cover set which included the folk song, My Baby's Gone (printed below). I tried to figure out who originally recorded this song, but it was unclear via Google and the small amount of time I was willing to devote to my research, so I'm going to leave the origin in the air- sorry.

The band was having a ton of fun, and invited the opening band, Vietnam, (a really cool, mellow, psychedelic rock band that has opened for them throughout the tour) up on stage to jam out! The crowd was totally into it, until the jerks at Maxwell's shut the sound off and put on overhead music at 11:50 pm without any advance notice. It was totally lame on their part, and everyone was pissed. I'm sure Evan had planned on coming back and finishing with Its a Shame About Ray, and a few more Lemonheads songs, but he was never given the opportunity. BOO! The guys were disappointed too but they kept their cool, and Vess even patted me on the back and smiled at me as he was walking off the stage! I'm sure he recognized me because I stood in the same spot as I did on Friday and stared at him 80% of the time (about 10% of my stares were returned with smiles).

So, that's why I'm uber tired today (the PATH train sucks on Sunday nights/ Monday mornings) but it was all well worth it! Have a great week!

My Baby's Gone
(Sorry, I dunno who originally recorded this)

The milkman whistles softly as he comes to my door
The mailman brings a letter just like he did before
They seem so busy all day long as though there's nothing wrong
Don't they know the world has ended my baby's gone

Hold back the rushing minutes make the wind lie still
Don't let the moonlight shine across the lonely hill
Dry all the raindrops hold back the sun
My world has ended my baby's gone

I'll wake up sometime in the night and realize you're gone
I toss and turn in my bed and wait for day to come
I try to tell my lonely heart that we can make it all alone
But it cries the world has ended my baby's gone
My world has ended my baby's gone