According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Fun Videos

Ever seen an episode of Making the Video on MTV? The special effects, the kraft services tables, the 3-day shoots.....booooo-ring! Here are a few low budget videos from some Indie bands which I think are better than any extravagant pyrotechnic monstrosity the majors fund!

This Peter Bjorn and John video (FYI those are 3 people not just two) is for the song Young Folks on their album, Writer's Block (2006). I was first attracted to this song by the awesome whistling sequence which reminds me of how awesome whistlilng can be in a song (think GnR Patience)! THEN, when I saw the video for the first time, I loved it even more! Check it, cuz!

The next video is for my good buddies The Apples in Stereo, who I am lucky enough to be seeing at Bowery next Thursday (yes, I really got my tickets this time)!! This video was shot in a car (you're welcome, Captain Obvious) while the band was in Park City for the Sundance Film Festival. If you've ever been in a car with a bunch of your friends when an awesome song comes on and you're all collectively jamming out and enjoying the ride, then you what this video is about. Its for the song Same Old Drag, off their new album The New Magnetic Wonder (just released this week btw). Also look for the Apples' performance on Late Night with Conan O'Brien on February 14.