According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Baby I'm Yours


So far I have received mixed responses when it comes to British rock band, the Arctic Monkeys. Personally, I am a huge fan of tracks such as I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor and When the Sun Goes Down off 2006's Whatever People Say I Am, Thats What I'm Not- especially at the gym when the fast pace and shouted lyrics inspire me to run faster and with greater vigor!

However, even the skeptics, who have dubbed Arctic Monkeys as unoriginal or played out, are appreciating their softer side, in an unsuspected cover of Baby I'm Yours, originally released in 1965 by Barbara Lewis. Completely out of character, these boys hit the nail on the head on this one! Just listen for yourself on AOL Spinner. This track can be found on the album Leave Before the Lights Come On, released in August of 2006. Enjoy!