According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Friday, January 12, 2007

Talia's Song Pick-o-the week!

There comes a time in every young woman's life when her collection of mp3s surpasses the capacity on her ipod. For me, this is a time of great pride, but also of great sadness because I must leave some of my beloved tunes behind when I venture out into the world on a day to day basis. To cope with this problem, I have begun to create playlists (which can be a tedius task when you're scrolling through thousands of songs looking for tunes which appropriately fit into categories such as "Bad Day mix" "Pump up workout mix" and the most difficult of all "favorites"). So far, I've tried a mix which I take to the gym with me and yesterday, on shuffle, the first song that played is the song I now make my pick of the week.

With thousands of songs on my ipod, I was missing some tunes which were being shunned by the shuffle option and upon narrowing the selection I can, once again, treat myself to tracks I had since forgotten about. Anyone Can Play Guitar, by Radiohead is one such track. It takes me back to 8th grade, and reinforces a 2-part philosophy which I firmly live by: (1) You can do whatever it is that your heart desires, if only you put your mind to it and (2) Being a rockstar makes you cool.



















With that, I beg that you to enjoy the lyrics to
Anyone Can Play Guitar
by: Radiohead
Destiny, destiny protect me from the world
Destiny, hold my hand protect me from the world
Here we are with our running and confusion
And I don't see no confusion anywhere

And if the world does turnAnd if London burns I'll be standing on the beach with my guitar
I wanna be in a band when I get to heaven
Anyone can play guitar
And they won't be a nothing anymore

Grow my hair, grow my hair
I am Jim Morrison
row my hair
I wanna be wanna be wanna be Jim Morrison

Here we are with our running and confusion
And I don't see no confusion anywhere
And if the world does turn
And if London burns I'll be standing on the beach with my guitar
I wanna be in a band when I get to heaven
Anyone can play guitar
And they won't be a nothing anymore