According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Friday, December 08, 2006

Grammy Schmammy!

Not that it matters, but the nominees for the 49th annual Grammy Awards were announced yesterday, and though Pearl Jam didn't get so much as a single nomination for their avocado adorned self titled album released this year, my friend Mary J. Blige leads with an astounding 8 nominations, with the Chili Peppers following at 6 nominations. For a full list of this year's nominations click here.

When I was younger, grammys seemed like a big deal. Afterall, most of the magazine pictures and ceterfolds of musicians that decorated my bedroom walls had that same repeated Grammy logo in the background. In my eyes, a Grammy meant success in the music business. Thank heavens, I have gained wisdom and insight with age, and no longer give a flying fig about my favorite artists NOT winning or even being nominated for Grammys. Any-hoo, Eddie and the boys feel the same way, or at least they did back in 1996 when they actually won the Grammy for best hard rock performance for Spin the Black Circle. Click the image below to watch their hum drum acceptance speech on YouTube.

Ok, now that you've watched that clip above, don't you think that Aaron Carter could totally be Mike McCready's love child? C'mon, be honest! the youngest, and arguably stupidest, member of the Carter clan is a dead ringer for skinny, younger Mike!! I know I'm right! I don't need YOUR positive reinforcement! But seriously, you see it don't you??