According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Friday, April 03, 2009

Johnny Depp + Spongebob = Mind Explosion!


Good morning, boys and girls! This morning I discovered that two of my favorite things (I have many) will be combining to create a small television miracle. In addition to the fact that he is gorgeous, Johnny Depp is, in my opinion, a phenomenal actor who continues to chose challenging roles (Benny & Joon, Edward Scissorhands) that define him as one of the best in his field.

Completely unrelated to my appreciation for Johnny Depp, I also am a huge fan of cartoons. NOT the kind that are made for adults (Simpsons, Family Guy) but the whimsical, nonsensical-yet-clever children's cartoons that are played on Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and Boomerang. There is something comforting about plopping down on the couch and allowing your eyes and your mind to glaze over as you stare blankly at a screen full of brightly-colored, rapidly-moving images accompanied by a musical score which often would be brilliant on its own. When I watch cartoons, I suddenly revert to the Talia of yore- without looming bills, job anxiety, or cramps. This is a cozy little place in the recess of my mind and anyone who has ever witnessed me watch late night Boomerang can attest to the transformation. It is very real...

Anyway, I digress....What I am trying to tell you is that Johnny Depp is scheduled to make a guest appearance on Spongebob Squarepants this month, and I can hardly contain my excitement! I cannot wait to see how they portray that sexy pout on a fishy avatar! This is further proof of why Johnny Depp does, and always will, hold a special place in my heart! Bravo!


Read More

Labels: ,