According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Okkervil River Calling and Not Calling My Ex (Live at Maps)

SXSW is on the horizon, and so I feel it appropriate to share a video of my favorite song by Austin, TX indie folk band, Okkervil River. Singer/ Songwriter Will Sheff has an uncanny ability to write songs that, combined with his smooth vocals that beg for head nodding sympathy, hit us all in the collective junk. This song became permanantly lodged in my noggin after gaining heavy rotation on Sirius XMU (like every half hour), so if you're a listener, you're already familiar.
Click here for lyrics

Props to all you lucky SOBs that are heading down to Austin for this month's festivities, but Okkervil River is playing Bonnaroo (and Coachella)this year, so ptttthhhh! Get sweatty for me in the Lone Star State, will ya? We'll link up at 'Roo in Manchester later, yeah?

Labels: ,