According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

10 Reasons its better NOT to have a date on NYE

With New Year's Eve fast approaching, I am actually really excited about my plans for the first time in a very very long time. I'll be attending the My Morning Jacket concert at Madison Square Garden with friends, and I couldn't be happier! Every year it's always a big drawn out decision as to what to do, where, and with whom, and 99.9% of the time its a disappointing, expensive BUST! Not this year! My plans are fool proof! I have a feeling this is a strong indication that 2009 is going to be on the upswing for me. I have LOTS of great projects on the horizon for the new year, and I am feeling very positive about 2009 already.

So, in light of the above, I decided to compile a list of
10 reasons why its better to NOT have a "date" on New Year's Eve
10. No one rushing me along in my arduous “getting ready” process.
9. Pre-game consists of a bottle of Raspberry Vodka and soda. No questions. No complaints.
8. 1 less person to witness/ induce a crying fit in me.
7. No awkward pause when the waitress brings the check at dinner. I got this.
6. If I get the sudden urge to bolt from any place/ situation, I got no ‘splainin to do.
5. Bouncers are likely to let a single girl inside a crowded bar while couples are left to shiver in the line outside for hours, ringing in the new year, bum style on the street with a Poland Spring bottle full of clear contraband.
4. I don’t like people. Period.
3. I’ve seen what I look like when I wake up on New Year’s day. No one else needs to see that.
2. Champaign gives me gas.
1. More Totino's Pizza Rolls for me.