According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Friday, July 13, 2007

Message from Ms. Fart: Please Call

I have discovered that busy people that have alot on their minds often make hilarious mistakes. The human brain (remember I am immortal so this does not pertain to me) can only handle so much information at once before it starts to sputter and hiccup. These little imperfections, ladies and gentlemen, are what I live for!

Ok, so in my office, our realty department is currently super busy. Tons of clients and files all preparing for closings around the same time in the near future. As a result, we have lots of phone messages with many different people calling throughout the day. I, because I am brilliant, can keep all the names straight but the other people in the office have a little more difficulty.

For instance, while on the phone with my colleague just now regarding a real estate file, I mentioned that I needed to return a phone call from the purchaser's attorney. My colleague (a man older than my father, who is not the joking type) then, with complete sincerity, asked me to"get Ms. Fart on the phone and...."

ME: "Ms. who?" I giggled.

COLLEAGUE: "Isn't her name Fart?"

ME: "I wish! No, its FLING."

COLLEAGUE: (embarrassed) "Oh, I knew it was some funny kinda name."

Fart references on the job are brilliant, for me, no matter how old I get! Happy Friday everyone!