According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Monday, November 06, 2006

My new favorite band!

Oh boy, I am gushing about my new favorite band which happens to be Margot & the Nuclear So and Sos! I had the pleasure of seeing them play at Rebel on Saturday night as part of CMJ, and they were awesome! Although they generically label themselves as indie/pop, I would hardly call their performance typical or ordinary. This eight piece ensemble includes a female keyboard player, a cello, a trumpet, and two percussionists! The ballads are smooth and delicate, while slightly emo, and the overall presentation is spectacular. You can tell they really enjoyed performing for the audience- especially when cutie bass player Tyler would smile while playing or when percussionist Casey Tennis would pause between tambourine shakes to do a little interpretive dance!





(My crush, Tyler <3)
Formed in 2004, in Indiana, Margot & the So and Sos released their debut album, The Dust of Retreat in 2005 on Artemis Records.


I highly recommend listening to them on AOL Interface.