According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Monday, October 23, 2006

New York Cares Day October 21, 2006





Saturday was New York Cares Day 2006, and I volunteered on the Big Ten team this year as a muralist at PS 397 in Crown Heights!

We had the largest volunteer team this year, one of several teams who were disbursed among schools in all 5 boroughs to paint, plant, clean, and make the school environment fun and safe for New York's students! I had a blast painting the front door mural, which was designed by the students, then sketched onto the door in advance for us to fill in with paint.

Here are some pictures of my work! New Yorkers, sign up and become involved at www.nycares.org Its a really great way to meet new people, and give back to the community! There are projects almost every day of the week doing all sorts of things like reading to children (one of my favorite projects) volunteering at homeless shelters, cleaning up parks and gardens, helping animals in need, and visiting the elderly. There really is something out there for everyone! Ok, I'll get off my soap box now! :)