According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

It's Wednesday- HUMPDAY!

First thing's first: My kooky friend Nick, known to our Jamily as Nixon has started a new daily tradition of calling me early every morning to let me know what the Pearl Jam song of the day will be. Yesterday, I failed to mention that the song of the day was In My Tree, and today, I have been notified that the song of the day is Slight of Hand. (there's your shout-out, happy now?)

Now for CMJ Stuff: It turns out that my badge is only good for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday which is somewhat of a bummer because I had to miss the shows last night (collective "awwwwww").

RUMORS: Pedro told me this morning , although he was denied admission to last night's New York premier of
Borat, he heard that 200 badges were supposed to be allowed in, but more than 400 badges showed up so they had an encore performance later on. He also said that the guy who played Borat was super tall and super baked.



As an aside: Am I the only person that doesn't get it? I don't think this guy is funny one iota! I actually feel badly for the people that he exploits because they are innocent victims who have no idea that he is spoofing them on camera (of course they sign the waiver at the end so that the footage can air on tv or the big screen). For some reason I don't mind when celebrities get punked by Ashton Kutcher because they are public figures, AND perhaps because I get to see their reactions when they find out that its all a joke, and most of the time, they are all good sports about it. I don't know, this could also stem from my severe hatred of dramatic irony (when the audience is aware of some key fact that the characters are not) and which is also the entire reason I cannot, to this day, watch Three's Company! Yeah, I know, I have no sense of humor...nevermind!


TODAY's Hot List: If my stinkin low budget badge was valid today the show I would attend would be at Bowery Ballroom, starting at 6pm tonight and featuring : Tapes 'n Tapes, Cold War Kids, Dr. Dog, Elvis Perkins, Robbers on High Street, The Bird & Bee (Inara George), What Made Milwaukee Famous. Sorry kids, this event is SOLD OUT, but if you have a badge you can show up 2 hours early and try to get in.

Also, if you missed Hellogoodbye last night, like I did, you can catch them at Rebel tonight at 7:30, and as of right now, this show is NOT sold out yet.

Remember to check out
CMJ and OhMyRockness for reviews, news, etc, as I am lame and cannot provide such for you at this point!

ROCK ON!