According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Friday, October 13, 2006

Talia's Song Pick-o-the-week



Well, thats it. Tomorrow the last of my college roomates will be married, and I have the honor of standing up in the wedding. Angie and I met for the first time at Lakeside Mall the summer of 1998. We had lunch together to introduce ourselves because we were to be roomates in 304 Holden Hall West at Michigan State University in August. Angie wore a khaki Abercrombie hat, a red short-sleeved shirt and her white eraser shoes! We talked about our interests, our majors, and I even showed her the tiny Peter Pan figurine I kept with me at all times in my purse to remind myself not to grow up! It was a brief exchange, but we hit it off right away, and I think we were both excited to be embarking on our college adventure together.

We lived together for 4 years in college, through good times (Acapulco, hay rides, and the Players Club CD) bad times (when I was jealous that she talked to mustache), and rotten milk (which I dumped on her head!). I couldn't have asked for a better partner in crime for those 4 glorious years of my life.

When it appeared that I would be moving on to go to law school in New York City without my buddy, we cried on the dance floor at PTs together, but God had a plan for us. A few weeks later, Angie found out that her job with IBM was actually sending her to Poughkeepsie, NY after graduation! We would be in the same state for another 2 years. Although we didn't live very close to one another, I always knew that Angie was just a short train ride away, and we made some more great memories in New York together (who bring's a suit case to Hammerstein Ballroom?)

Now my Angie is all grown up, and will be wed to Mike tomorrow, with me standing proudly behind her. I can't say Im a not jealous that Mike gets to live with her for the rest of his life instead of me, (I actually had to pause to cry when I just typed that) but they are happy and beautiful and I wish them the very best that life has to offer. So far we've made our major life moves together, but on this journey she has to leave me behind.

So, enough of this mushy mush- my secretary is going to think I'm crazy for sobbing alone in my office! I dedicate this song Pick of the Week to Angie. You belong to someone else now, but I will always consider you "My Angie". I love you, Queen!

Angie, By the Rolling Stones

Angie, Angie, when will those clouds all disappear?

Angie, Angie, where will it lead us from here?

With no loving in our souls and no money in our coats

You can't say we're satisfied

But Angie, Angie, you can't say we never tried

Angie, you're beautiful, but ain't it time we said good-bye?

Angie, I still love you, remember all those nights we cried?

All the dreams we held so close seemed to all go up in smoke

Let me whisper in your ear:

Angie, Angie, where will it lead us from here?

Oh, Angie, don't you weep, all your kisses still taste sweet

I hate that sadness in your eyes

But Angie, Angie, ain't it time we said good-bye?

With no loving in our souls and no money in our coats

You can't say we're satisfied

But Angie, I still love you, baby

Ev'rywhere I look I see your eyes

There ain't a woman that comes close to you

Come on Baby, dry your eyes

But Angie, Angie, ain't it good to be alive?

Angie, Angie, they can't say we never tried