According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Friday, September 01, 2006

Talia's 2006 VMA Highlights

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

List of Talia's Highlights from the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards with photos (please excuse the grainy camera phone pictures, we were not allowed to bring in our real cameras)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I had an awesome time last night! I thought the performances and theatrics were great, but the presenters were lame and Jack Black was not as funny as I had hoped. These are my personal highlights, NOT a review of the show. I only care about ME, duh!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Beth and I sat to the left of the stage on a platform that was constructed as part of the VMA set, right next to the section where all of the MTV reality stars were seated. We had a perfect view of all stages and we didn’t have to move the entire show!

A few rows ahead of us was Danity Kane, aka the girls from Making the Band. I also ran into them in the bathroom, where I shared a mirror with Aundrea. The bathrooms were a free-for-all party. Everyone used the same bathrooms and there were no separate bathrooms for celebrities. I also ran into the guys from Avenged Sevenfold while making my way to the toilet!

To our immediate left and maybe 4 feet in front of us sat Paul Simon, who looked super old. I snapped a grainy camera phone pic of him to show everyone. UPDATE: That man may or may NOT have been Paul Simon. That's just what Beth and I were told. I can't see for shit without my glasses.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

James Blunt and Petra Nemcova couldn’t find their seats, so they asked me what row I was in. Then, the show was starting so Beth offered to let them sit next to her until the next commercial break. Petra’s beautiful, even up close.

My newest love affair with Jared Leto was reinforced because my seat was on the aisle that he kept walking through to his seat. The first few times he walked by next to me I stared so hard that eventually he started staring back at me. I think we are in love now. I stole the reserved sign from his seat when he got up to leave!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

During one of the commercial breaks they played ALIVE, to which I appropriately stood and jammed out as if I were at a Pearl Jam concert!


BEST PART OF THE SHOW: OK GO's performance of Here it Goes Again while doing their famous treadmill dance! They were fantastic! They pulled the choreography off perfectly- those guys RULE! Watch their video on YouTube HERE.

For the finale, we were moved up close to fill the spots of the people that had already left. I sat in a seat that had been reserved for the Killers because they were performing the finale. In front of us was Christina Aguilera and her husband, who is surprisingly less ugly in person.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

At the end, I was sitting two seats from the main aisle and the girl on the end smacked my leg and said “that’s Axle Rose!” So we looked, and she said “Hi Axle”, and he looked at us while we both waved like a couple of jack asses! He then proceeded to present an award, and man does he look old these days!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Good times! I can’t wait till next year! :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting