According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Running with Scissors

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Despite the fact that he likes to test my patience on a daily basis with little pranks such as making the bar in my closet fall down once a month when I am late for work, putting gum under my butt on the subway, etc, I am convinced that God does in fact love me because he has allowed one of my favorite books of all time, Running with Scissors, by Augusten Burroughs to become a MOVIE! It is set to be released in select cities on October 11, 2006. Watch the Movie Trailer on YouTube HERE

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It looks like they've got an amazing cast on board, including Annette Bening, Gwyneth Paltrow, Alec Baldwin, Joseph Fiennes, and Joseph Cross. If you haven't read this book I highly recommend it, alog with another little gem by Burroughs called Dry.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My favorite aspects of Burroughs's writing style are his incredible wit and candor which dominate as he reveals embarrassing and absurd aspects of his life with such ironic enthusiasm! My only hope is that this film captures even a fraction of the humor and beauty of Burroughs's writing. I'll be at the theater the night it opens, if its the last thing I do!!! :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Take my advice...have I ever let you down? (ok don't answer that, just read the book and see the movie!)