According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Am I evil??

As New Yorkers we are all too familiar with those mothers on the train who, although incapable of speaking a full sentence of English, are NY residents along with their 24 identical children.

Is it evil of me to silently and anxiously stare in eager, wide-eyed anticipation for their inevitable awkward stumble and (if Im lucky) resultant smacking of a body part against the train walls,poles, or bystanders?

You know they're on the train like 16 times a day, strollers and carts full of crap in tow, carting their sticky-faced, gibberish speaking children to god knows where, and yet, they have not realized that the sudden forward movement of the train causes their bodies to be thrust backward!

It amuses me in a sick way, and I enjoy watching them stupidly stumble as if subject to the randomness of an earthquake as opposed to the totally predictable nature of the public transportation system in New York City. With each clunk of a head against a hard surface I secretly cheer to myself, as if celebrating a sadistic victory of some sort.

Never mind, I answered my own question. YES, I am EVIL!