According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

What's Grosser than Gross?

Ummm, so I was a little vexed by the whole laundro-mat thing anyways but the following occurrence has made me utterly disgusted with the whole situation!

I had done my laundry last week at a place around the corner which appeared to be reasonably clean. No visible disgustingness anyway, and after all, Im supplying soap and water to the situation, so how bad can it be right????? READ ON...............

So, this week I pulled out a "clean" towel to use after I washed my face. After a thorough wipe down, I went to return the towel to the bar on the wall in my bathroom when I noticed something fall out of my towel and onto the floor. I reached down to pick it up, and there in my hands was a small flesh colored square.....................

you savvy ones are headed in the right direction here...................

I turned the plastic square over to read the writing and try to decipher what this thing could be (all the while praying that my suspicions were wrong).............

Low and behold, the patch read "Ortho- evra". IT WAS A BIRTH CONTROL PATCH. The kind worn somewhere on A WOMAN'S SKIN which releases hormones into the body.

This is disgusting any way you look at it, but let me further embellish your initial disgust with a fun fact: NOONE IN MY APARTMENT, NOR ANY OF MY RECENT INVITED GUESTS USES SAID PATCH.

This thing that made its way to my towel which I use to WIPE MY FACE had originated on the flesh of a stranger (God only knows where said stranger prefers to stick the device on her body or what said stranger's cleanliness rituals are like if any) using the vehicle of public laundry facilities to make its way dangerously close to ME!

Anyone know where I can get some disposable underpants??? I AM NOT DOING LAUNDRY IN PUBLIC EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!