According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thom Yorke Grammy Poster


*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
On my lunch break, I was walking down Broadway, when I noticed Thom Yorke's face on the side of a bus stop. When I got closer, I realized that the poster was for the 51st Annual Grammy Awards which will aire on CBS on Sunday February 8th, 2009. The poster is pretty cool because Thom's face is composed of several song titles. Radiohead is nominated for 7 Grammys this year for In Rainbows- WHOA!

The L.A. Times reported that : Thom Yorke, Stevie Wonder, and Lil Wayne were among the artists asked to participate in the campaign and that "each artist was asked to give the Recording Academy 10-20 songs that influenced or affected their life and career. The lyrics and song titles are then featured in the print and television ads."

Be sure to tune in to see Eddie Vedder win the Grammy for best Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance for Rise! My lovie, Adele, is also up for 4 Grammys!: Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Best New Artist, and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance

OOPS! I almost forgot to mention that My Morning Jacket is nominated for Best Alternative Music Album for Evil Urges! Yorke aint takin home all 7! :)



I'm so excited :)








Labels: , , ,