According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Monday, January 28, 2008

New Kids on the Block reuniting?


Real groupies are born that way, and yes, it can be inherited! One of the many things I inherited from my mother, in addition to my piercing wit, impatience for people who do anything slowly, and, of course, a pair of eyes that could set an ant on fire without a magnifying glass, I inherited the Groupie gene, and started to display the tell-tale characteristics very early on in life.

By the time I was in the 4th grade, I was totally obsessed with the New Kids on the Block! I had NKOTB curtains, bed sheets, shoe laces, and t-shirts galore! My bedroom was wall papered with Teen Bop tear out centerfolds, and my Jordan Knight poster was covered with lipgloss kisses on the back of my door! I'd listen to the tapes (yes, I said "TAPES") for hours, singing the songs as if they were written for me. They were MY band, and I was devoted to them- for eternity! Because I am not one to give up on my obsessions that easily, of COURSE I was excited when I caught wind of a juicy little rumor that the band that started me on the path to a fullfilling groupie life, would be reuniting! Dude, on the serial tip, I'd soooo be at that concert if it happened! I did get inappropriately excited a few years ago, when I saw Joey McIntyre in Wicked.....just sayin....

Labels: