According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Friday, January 04, 2008

Barack Obama wins in Iowa Caucus

The results of yesterday's Iowa Caucuses are in, and Barack Obama has won for the Democrats. Mike Huckabee won on the Republican side.

As I enter my 10th year as a voting American, I can say that, for the first time, I truly believe in, and trust a presidential candidate- That man is Barack Obama. Issues aside, (and I do agree with almost everything in Obama's plan) I believe in him as a leader, rather than a "politician" and as a real life human being. I trust and believe Obama more than I have any other political figure in my adult life. I recognize him as a true representative of modern day America, and an honest man who is legitimately dissatisfied and afraid of the state of our country and our world today, and who, based on that sentiment, will actually carry out his hardest efforts toward a real and substantial, life-altering change for me, and the rest of America. A change that will have lasting and real impact on the world as a whole.

I like you, Barack Obama. I like you alot. As a fanatical tree hugger, as an opponent of American troops in Iraq, as a neurotic scardy cat, and as an American who desperately wants to see something other than apocalypse in my future- I stand by you, ma man!

Labels: , ,