According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Friday, October 26, 2007

Righteous Kill


So, last night I was walking home from the subway after work, and as I got a few blocks from my apartment I noticed the Haddad trucks parked all over the street. For non-New Yorkers, Haddad is the name that is printed on all the trucks and trailers whenever a film crew is shooting around the city. When you see a white truck with "Haddad" written in blue lettering on the side, you know something's being filmed nearby. Anyway, I saw all the trucks around the block from my apartment, then I saw the kraft services table, then as I rounded the corner to my apartment (I live right on the corner) I saw a cameraman in a cherry picker with a spotlight right directly in front of my front door!

For a quick second, I thought that maybe I had been chosen for extreme makeover, or maybe my friends had nominated me for some Super Fan show and I had won, based on my Pearl Jam freakness. Alas, the hoopla was not for me. Wiggling around big black boxes of camera equipment to get inside the door I asked one of the many crew members littering the sidewalk, "what's goin on here?"

The friendly young guy, with dark framed glasses and knit cap, moved a little closer and confided that it was a movie set. It's called Righteous Kill, and it stars- get this- MARTIN SCORSESE, AL PACINO, AND ROBERT DENIRO!! Also, 50 Cent and Donny Wahlberg are in it too! Whoa baby! That's a loaded cast, huh?
The Plot: Two Veteran New York City Detectives hunt a vigilante who may be one of their own.

I quickly changed for the gym, of course pausing momentarily to call John and my mom and inform them of the awesomeness outside. I walked through the set 4 more times last night, hoping to see someone famous, although the crew member had told me the stars had already gone home for the day. Sarah and I had a brief encounter with the director, Jon Avnet, when we went to the store for cookies at 10pm. He ordered his crew to "let them through, they're civilians!" So cool! Unfortunately they're not planning on coming back to Brooklyn for any more filming, but I will definitely see the movie when it comes out and shout "I live there!" when I see my apartment! ;)

Avnet's directed tons of movies including The Starter Wife, Brave New World, Up Close and Personal, Mighty Ducks, Fried Green Tomatoes, and Risky Business.

I love New York!