According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Monday, August 20, 2007

Eddie Vedder Cameo in New Movie: Walk Hard

Try to imagine a movie which is basically a cross between This is Spinal Tap, and Walk the Line. That's how I would describe Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, a new movie from the producers of Superbad (which was amazing by the way, and warrants a review all its own, when I have more time). Sure, Walk Hard, which will be in theaters around Christmas this year, looks funny, but what is making me write about it this morning is a very special, rare, comedic cameo in the movie by none other than Eddie Vedder! I read about his appearance in the movie in this week's Rolling Stone, but last night I saw the trailer that includes a peek at Eddie's part. Yeah, I'm actually nuts enough to see the movie just because Eddie's in it. What? I never claimed to be sane.

In the movie, John C. Reilly plays singer, Dewey Cox in a comedic spoof of the story behind a music legend. There are appearances by Jack White, who plays Elvis Presley, and UCB's own Matt Besser. (I'm still gonna see it cuz of Eddie) Anyway, here's the trailer I saw last night with Eddie in it. Happy Monday.