According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Friday, July 27, 2007

VIC-torious!


I am so very very happy to say that I WILL be attending the Pearl Jam, fan club only, Lollapalooza warm up show at The Vic Theater in Chicago, next Thursday,but this time, I cannot take the credit.
Like fan club members all over the world yesterday, I logged into pearjam.com just before 2PM EST, clicked on tickets, then began rapid fire clicking on refresh for- GET THIS- the next 4 hours and 45 minutes! Roughly 500 pairs of tickets were sold yesterday, and you'd think, they would have SOLD OUT in 5 minutes, but in order to maximize our misery, two idiots put two pairs of tickets into their carts, and never checked out, leaving a total of 4 tickets in virtual limbo all day long! Every one of us ticket hungry pearl jam beasts salivated with every click and the thought of snagging the coveted gems, which would gain us entrance into a very intimate, exclusive, surprise show with our favorite band in the universe. I didn't pee for hours. I skipped lunch. I had my secretary feeding me tylenol to squelch the nervous headache that was blurring my vision and making the tiny Matt Cameron in my head bang away furiously!
Did I ever get those tickets? Nope. BUT, my dear friend, who is my travel buddy for the whole Lollapalooza trip this year, got himself a pair at 2pm, and we were in the game together yesterday, so, thanks to him, I have a ticket!
Why did I try for tickets all day if I had one by 2:30? Thats an easy question! If I got tickets, then 2 more serious Pearl Jam fans would be able to go to this show. It was worth the headache, to try to do my jamily some props. I'm sorry it didn't work, and I congratulate everyone who got tickets, but it was much harder than I anticipated.

Please don't give up, my friends. I have gotten tickets from random people who don't have a ticket buddy, from radio contests, from someone who knew the booking agent, etc....just be creative, and think positively!

I certainly hope today is much less stressful than yesterday. Now, about switching my flight on Thursday so I can actually get to the show on time........*sigh*.........the things ya do for love!