According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Weekend Highlights

I don't want to jinx myself, but I have to say this weekend was another pretty decent weekend. Here are the highlights:

- Amazing dinner at Sea City Grill in Jersey City on Friday night: Fresh New England Clam Chowder, followed by Penne a la vodka with grilled chicken. The bill wasn't as amazing, but you gotta pay for quality, and I'm cool with that.

- Drinks at Yesterdays with the regulars. I heard the best pick up line ever delivered to me by a Jersey Boy:
Him: "So you staying in Jersey tonight?"
Me: "no, I'm going back to my apartment in the city."
Him: "I love waking up in the city!"
Me: "Did I tell you I have a blackbelt in tae kwon do?"

- I actually got 6 pages written for my Entertainment Law paper between Saturday and Sunday!!! Woo Hoo, go me! It's my birthday! (Jan 7th that is). Now only 9-14 pages to go.

- A chill evening on Saturday back at the a.p.t, complete with a bottle of wine and Slingblade, written and directed by, and starring Billy Bob Thornton. Its a good movie "Mmmmm Hmmm!"

- A nice relaxing walk through the city from Battery Park to Union Square where I found an awesome vintage/resale clothing store called "Cheap Jack's". Awesome tee shirts on the Cheap!! I almost bought me a Michael Jackson authentic original "Thriller" tee shirt for only $15 but I only had $5. I thought it would be quite the foreshaddowing, being that noone knew back when that shirt was originally marketed that MJ would be accused of thrilling little boys. I'll have to bring money with me next time.

- Off to the movies with a dear friend to see "Beauty Shop". It's definately what I expected it to be, but I was in the mood for that kind of humor and actually enjoyed it. Awesome roles played by Kevin Bacon and a HOTT all grown up Rudy Huxtable. Too bad the couple that was sitting just ONE SEAT AWAY FROM ME was playing yankee the wankee!! GROSS! I had to lean the opposite way and pretend I was deaf and blind. Honestly, who does that in a croweded theater in Union Square on a weekend?! EEEeeeeeewww!