According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Friday, April 08, 2005

Translation of Rich Girl by Gwen Stefani

Back by popular demand: Translations!!

Ok, let me first begin by saying that I used to give Gwen mad props back in the day when she was simply the lead singer of No Doubt. I mean, come on, she really hit the nail on the head with Don't Speak- it's one of the truest break-up songs there is, at least from the sensitive female perspective. However, I'm just not very impressed with her lyrics as of late. There is no story being told, no moral, no sensitivity, no Moby, NOTHING! So, without further adeiu, here is my translation of Rich Girl:

Real words:
If I was a rich girl, na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na
Then I'd have all the money in the world, if I was a wealthy giiiiirl!

Translation:
Because No Doubt made me a rich girl, na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na
I can sing lame songs while with dancing with weirdo asian girls, and be content to leave all my former talent in the "N" isle at Best Buy!