According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Translation

I am starting a new feature of this blog: Translation of popular songs. Too frequently artists release songs with lyrics that are in dire need of translation, and I would like to do the world a favor, and provide that translation. You'll see what I mean....

Translation #1: Love Don't Cost a Thing, by J-Lo
Think you gotta keep me iced you don't
Think I wanna spend your cash I won't
Even if you were broke, my love don't cost a thing

Think I wanna drive your Benz I don't
If I wanna floss I got my own
Even if you were broke, my love don't cost a thing

TRANSLATION
Hey, idiots, I've come a long way since Anaconda and Money Train!
I've been able to trick poor little Hispanic children into thinking I can sing
I've sold so many of my lame CDs to poor kids in the Brox that I can use a diamond studded tooth brush in the morning!

I would never in a million years date a poor guy, but did I mention that I'm rich!

Stay tuned for more