According to Talia

What you need to know, straight from the source: Ms. Talia Page

Monday, September 24, 2007

You gotta be shittin me!


Ok, so if you live anywhere near a Baskin Robbins store, or perhaps have browsed the Baskin Robbins website lately, you will be well aware that this month's flavor of the month is Oreo Cookie. In fact, my local Baskin Robbins has made every effort to ensure that no passer-by has any question as to the oreo pushing promotion. The windows are plastered with large, color glossies, picturing mouth watering sundaes that could sooner be climed than eaten! There are even advertisements for Oreo-flavored treats on the floor of the store, I would assume, for the shy people, and/ or very very short people in the neighborhood.

Being a sucker for propaganda, especially that with a chocolaty, frozen subject matter, I decided to pop in for a sweet treat. To my utter dismay, despite all the signage, and hullabaloo for the oreo explosion, when I eagerly ordered a treat of the same name I was told in no uncertain terms that they were "out of oreos"! Are you shitting me?

"Dude?", I asked hoping that the ice cream scooper was playing a joke on me. "How is that possible?" "Isn't it oreo month?" He simply shrugged, and apologized. Not to be denied, I offered to go buy my own oreos from another, better stocked establishment then return for a sundae that looked like the 5-foot image on the window that had lured me in. He started at me with a confused look on his face.
After frowning, huffing, puffing and pacing back and forth in front of the now unappealing cooler of second-rate ice cream flavors, I grumpily ordered a two-scoop hot fudge sundae with peanut butter cup ice cream, whipped cream, and a cherry on top.

As I paid for my sub-par dessert, I snidley asked. "So should I call ahead next time?" As if my question had gone unheard the cashier replied, "Have a nice day".

Psssssh! Can you believe that crap?